Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Here’s What Happens When You Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day, Every Day

Benefits of Drinking 8 Glasses


Most adults are aware that drinking enough water throughout the day is beneficial for overall health, but most people still aren’t drinking enough. How many times have you heard someone say “If you’re thirsty it’s too late, you’re already dehydrated!”? To avoid dehydration and its unpleasant side effects make sure you are getting your 8 glasses in!




Here are 8 benefits of drinking 8 glasses of water throughout the day:


  • Support vital functions in the body. Your body is composed of about 60% water.
  • Muscle stamina.
  • Kidney function.
  • Ease digestion and promote circulation. 
  • Aid weight loss.
  • Soothe joints.
  • Clear skin.
  • Boost brain function. 



Here’s What Happens When You Drink 8 Glasses of Water a Day, Every Day

Remembering to drink water throughout the day is an adjustment. To keep me going, I set alarms on my cellphone, and even added calendar alerts for an extra reminder. After about a week, I started ignoring the alarms and was able to remember on my own. (Woo!)



Day 1
When I first started drinking roughly 8 glasses of water a day, not much happened. Sure, I got up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom more often than I would’ve liked. I couldn’t make it through my morning commute without a bathroom break, either! Aside from that, I didn’t notice much of a change. I started to wonder, “what’s all the fuss about?”

Day 2
But after Day 2, I noticed that not only did I feel like I had more energy throughout the day, I also wasn’t as hungry as I am usually. If I felt puckish during the day, a glass of water did the trick that a snack usually does. I started to notice that many of the times throughout the day that I would typically feel like snacking might’ve just been thirst all along. (Who knew?!)




With less snacking I started to feel lighter and less bloated. I also wasn’t bogged down by the sugar and sodium in my “go-to” snacks, so my energy levels were actually higher despite a lower calorie intake. Win-win!

Day 7
Better yet, after about a week my skin started to clear up and began looking smoother and more refreshed. It’s no secret that moisturizing is key for great skin, but I didn’t realize that hydrating from the inside could be equally beneficial.




Day 14
This habit made me look and feel great with relatively little effort. Any wellness routine that’s free, easy and convenient is one that I can get behind. With summer in full swing, you can be sure I’ll keep it up! (I might even add a healthy grab-and-go breakfast to my morning routine, too.)




Reactions

Post a Comment

0 Comments

Ad Code

Responsive Advertisement